Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What Ya Working on Wednesday-11/25/09

Here are some pics of the things I've been working on for a few weeks now. They were from some free patterns of various places, one item was from a pattern by Sweet Pea Primitives and another from Moonchild Prims. I've really enjoyed working on so many different things. My 7 year old son tells me that we have to keep some of them for ourselves. I'm thinking he might be right.

These candy canes were quick and fun. I baked them in the oven and scented them with coffee, vanilla and a little cinnamon.






These little guys look so great in my wooden bowl with some primitive greens.


These prim snowmen were fun but I'm not completely sure if I liked how they turned out. I didn't coffee stain the pure and natural batting, I only tea stained it. I think they should maybe be a little bit darker.






I made two of these one in green and one in red.

These were also baked in the oven. I left them a little crinkled. I didn't iron them I just smoothed out a little bit and then stuffed them. I think the crinkled look helps them look a little old. I love the graphic that is pinned with rusty pins.





I made 3 of the following little ornaments. I think they came out really nice. It was my first attempt at sculpted noses.


These little tea light holders were really fun to make. The brim is sprinkled with german glass glitter. I'm pretty pleased with these.


I made three of these also. I finished them up last night.
Now I'm finished for a few weeks and have boxed up my supplies. It's hard to find the space in a small house to keep the projects I'm working on out until they are completed. It's been awhile since I did so much crafting but these are for a good cause. Our church is doing a fundraiser on 12/5 a cookie and craft sale. I don't really think they will get what they are "worth" the way you would at a craft fair or a prim shop. I think whatever is left over I will try to sell here, on ebay or maybe even open an etsy shop of my own. When my oldest girls were little I had a very successful crafting business doing fairs and renting booth space in craft malls. That was a long time ago or at least it seems that way so it's been fun working on crafty things again.

I'm thinking too that I might do a Christmas giveaway. I've been enjoying reading other blogs and seeing what they have to offer this time of year. So check back around December 7th or so I might have it together by them. I certainly need more blogging friends/followers - it's lonely out here in a small town. I'm not a small town girl, somethings just won't change, no matter how much one tries.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I just Love! Love your sitting santa!
    If you have any left over for sale, please let me know how much you are asking. The stockings also turned out great. I became a follower. I hope you will stop by for a visit to my blog a well. I am not as crafty as you, but I am working at it. Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and all of your prim creations, please enter me in your giveway. Hope I win! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete